Las Vegas Small Business – Workplace Stress
Workplace Stress is a silent killer for small businesses.
Businesses may be facing some of the following Pain Points, Issues and Problems that creates Workplace Stress and Fatigue.
- The weariness with the working hours, schedule and bad results can lead to rash decisions about the business. Working environment should be stable over a long time.
- The thought of abandoning the business also pops up when business is not profitable.
- It is difficult to keep up with the pace that keeps business growing. This is a Good and Bad News.
- Keeping up with Workload and Schedule
- Substandard working environment – Uncomfortable offices, bad lighting, bad interior decorations, disjointed teamwork, unhappy employees with bad moral.
- Constant struggle of balancing between Work and Family. This is #1 issue with employees and management. It is the responsibility of management to create working hours and schedules to minimize balancing struggle.
- Effects of fatigue and their relationship to work are:
- Poor decision making ability
- Can’t do complex planning
- Communication suffers
- Productivity / performance suffers
- Can’t handle stress on the job
- Loss of memory or the ability to recall details
- Unable to stay awake in a meeting increased forgetfulness
Workplace Stress and Fatigue is a very serious but silent problem for Small Business.
Solutions must be found and implemented. Large leading edge Corporations has implemented many solutions to reduce Fatigue of their employees. There is no reason why Small Businesses cannot borrow some of their ideas and implement in their own Small Business.